Flipping through the channels on TV you will most likely see shows that are based around Real Estate. These shows can be very entertaining to watch, but are also very deceiving. The way you see it on TV is not actually how real estate works. Here are some myths that these shows let you believe to be true, and the real truth.
- Deciding to purchase after only seeing 3 homes
- Some people may fall in love with the first home they see. On the other hand, some buyers look at 30+ homes until they find ‘the one’. According to the National Association of Realtors the average homebuyer looks at 10 homes as a part of their home buying experience.
- Buyers haven’t made a purchase decision yet
- On TV, you believe that you are watching the buyers make the decision of which house to purchase on the spot. These shows often choose buyers who are further along in the process and have actually already chosen a house. This can be seen as deceiving for the viewers because it does not accurately depict the home buying process.
- If your house is listed, it will always sell at an Open House
- Open houses are important to expose your house to potential buyers. However, they are only a piece of the marketing of your home. Open houses can have no turn out whatsoever. More houses are actually sold through showings than open houses.
- Homeowners decide after a short conversation
- As portrayed on the shows, you believe that buyers make their decision in the short conversation aired on TV. Reality is that the buyers have already spent hours deliberating and deciding which house to make their future home. This is a very important decision and purchase. The TV shows may have you believe this decision should be quick and easy. Take your time to make sure you are making the best decision for you and your family.
Have an experienced professional on your side while exploring the real estate market. At The Brunner Burkhart Group, we will make your dream become reality!