Who cares that the groundhog predicts 6 more weeks of winter. If you’re thinking of moving, now is the time to sell. Spring is slowly approaching which means busy season. Busy season means there is a higher buyer demand. Take advantage of the little time left of winter.
- Demand is strong
- There are a lot of people out there looking for their dream home. According to the National Association of Realtors the number of buyers in December reached the highest mark since February 2016. These buyers are ready and willing to purchase a home. Is your house their next dream home?
- There is less competition now
- Currently there are not enough homes for sale to satisfy the number of buyers in the market. This is good for home prices, but soon there will be new inventory added to the market. Homeowners are now seeing a return in positive equity as real estate values increased over the past couple of years. Before, there was no desire to sell because of the negative equity situation. Buyers will have more choices in homes soon as Spring approaches. Do not wait for the other inventory to come to the market before you sell your home.
- It will be a quick process
- A big challenge in the housing market is the length of time it takes from contract to closing. A lot of banks are requiring more and more paperwork to get approved for a mortgage. Overall, there is less business done in the winter. Getting your home sold and closed before spring time will help you avoid delays and will help with a smooth process.
- Now is the time to move-up
- If you are thinking of moving to a bigger, more expensive home, now is the time. Prices are projected to appreciate by 4.7% over the next 12 months. If you are moving to a higher priced home, it will end up costing you more money overall if you wait.
Call us at The Brunner Burkhart Group for your selling needs. Get ahead of the game and sell your home today!