Waiting until after the holidays to sell is not smart
A lot of people assume that the holiday season is not a good time to put their house on the market. Some people even take their house off the market until after the holiday season. This actually is not true! The holidays are a great time to put your house on the market. Here are 6 reasons why this is the time to sell!
1. Companies are not concerned with the holidays when relocating employees. Relocation buyers are still looking. If they have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays.
2. Buyers that are looking for houses through the holidays are serious buyers and ready to buy.
3. You can restrict when showings are for your house. You are still in control and can decide when it is a good time to have showings.
4. Homes show better when they are decorated for the holidays. It makes buyers see your house as a home.
5. There is less competition as a seller during this time. Less competition means your house could sell quicker.
6. The supply of listings will substantially increase after the holidays. More sellers will put their house up for sale, as well as new construction continuing to rise in 2017. This lessens the demand for your house.
If you are thinking of selling, now is the time! Waiting until after the holidays may lessen your chance to sell your house quickly. Call us for any of your buying or selling needs!